Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Gender Googly

Honestly now, don't you think it's time men and women stopped fighting over superiority issues?
One is not better than the other...they complement each other beautifully. So while I'm all for equal rights, I refuse to be a feminist. Because at the end of the day, I'd just be an intolerable sexist.
And no, I don't believe all women are my sisters. There are times when I'm shocked at the way women behave and I secretly wish I could withdraw membership from the human race altogether, because the men don't behave any better.
So I'm not the kind of woman who can shop all day and not get bored. And I do know men who can. This is just one of the many ridiculous, illogical assumptions that we make about each other. Stuff like men gossip less than women, women are always looking for a commitment, men would rather watch a football match than meaningful theatre....isn't it all open to individual choices? Or do I have to force myself to enjoy a sappy movie just because I'm a woman...
Maybe if we all tried to get to know each other better ,without being presumptuous due to gender differences, we'd get along better.

No comments:

Post a Comment