Since I cannot avoid the “Big 3-0,” I’ve decided to make it the most eventful year of my life. So dear 2012, get ready because my bucket list is ready. It is shallow and selfish, just like me. I don’t yet know how (or maybe I just don’t want to reveal it yet), but this is what I’m going to accomplish in the year 2012. Not resolutions, just reminders:
- Move into a new house in Delhi. One that’s bigger, better and feels at least a bit like home. No more living like a hippie.
- Begin eating 3 square meals a day. And more importantly, start cooking them.
- Get a bloody increase in salary. No more overqualified underpaid business.
- Finish the draft of my first book. Since it’s been begun and trashed countless number of times, I at least know what not to do.
- Make up my mind whether I want to get married or not. If not, convince the family. If yes, get engaged.
- Make a trip to Varkala and Kochi. Kerala is not that far away and not so expensive.
- Learn how to swim, Goddamnit. Considering how much I love water, it’s a shame that I don’t know how to swim.
- Begin that long distance course from LSJ I’ve been eyeing for so long now.
- Invest. Find the will to save enough for a modest investment.
- Start an exercise routine and stick to it for more than just a week.
- Wake up every morning no later than 7 a.m. Okay, 8 a.m. That’s it.
- Find out what the fuck it is that I want to do for the rest of my life. Professionally, that is. And then stick to that. Changing job profiles every six months is suicidal.
Okay, that’s all I can think of right now. Also, I just remembered I have pending work. More important. I’ll keep updating this list. Suggestions, as always, are always welcome.